Become A Maker
Harold & Ferne: The Local Goods Co. aims to create opportunity for local Makers. The shop has at least 50 different Makers at a time contributing handmade, sustainable goods to our curated selection. Due to the small scale nature of the business, it is only possible to accept new Makers twice a year through an application process.
The first application period for 2019 will be from February 5 until February 15 at midnight, the second application period will be from September 3 until September 13 at midnight.
Goods are brought in on consignment if an application is approved. If you don't have any experience selling your handmade goods, don't worry! The agreement is easy to understand and I'm here to help you every step of the way.
Please note that Harold + Ferne will not be accepting any applications for photography, paintings, stained glass or furniture.
- Items must be made by hand or be original designs
- Maker must be located within a 50km radius of Orillia or be an "Orillia Alum" (Orillia is your hometown)
- Preference is given to products that spotlight sustainability (made of natural ingredients, use sustainable practices, encourage sustainable lifestyles, have multiple uses, etc.)
Please send the following to
- Describe your product(s). What makes them unique or a good fit for Harold & Ferne?
- Three to five photos of your work and/or a link to a website or social media profile that showcases your work.
- Where do you call home?
- What is the price range of your items?
- Where else do you sell your goods? (please include online + physical shops)
If your application is accepted into the second round then we will set up a date and time for you to bring samples into the shop. You will then be notified if you have been selected to sell your products in the shop.